Best Buys

Saturday, March 5, 2016

Madness in Pune


Madness is now in Pune ( pun intended ). Yes people, madness has stepped foot in Pune and taken the city by storm with its 3 concept based restaurants.



Food Adda invited me to be part of this madness alongside them and I very promptly accepted the invite with anticipation building in.
Madness was hosting us, with Carpe Diem being the perfect host alongside.
The venue stands in the heart of the throbbing vibrant Koregaon Park area of Pune. It is exactly where Post 91 used to be.
The building houses 3 themed places.
The ground is occupied by Social Clinic which is themed on a clinic with servers in cute pink nurse outfits. The seating comprises of wheelchairs and hospital beds, with steel dominating the interiors. The drinks are served in flasks and test tubes. The whole vibe at first didn't really appeal to me honestly( I have a hospital phobia) but the way they have worked the kinks it really is a fun place and I found myself enjoying to the hilt with others.




The first floor is occupied by Donkey's Arse which is a lounge setting. This place immediately sets you in the mood to party. The interior is utterly quirky and boasts of vibrant colours which pumps you with high dosage of energy. The place plays live music on weekends and hosts standup comedians throughout the week. Stay tuned to their page for further information.




The way to the top floor enthralles you and pulls you in the world of Superheroes with giant heroes lulling you in a coma of awe. I found my favorite hero tearing apart a whole wall and I couldn't help but peer at him with puppy eyes, this macho man ❤️. An entire floor for the kids and all their
entertainment, complete with kiddy menu and lots more on offer. I wish I was a kid all over again. 

This place not only boasts about amazing interiors and setting but also their food matches up with equal aplomb. The chefs leave no stone unturned to serve you delicious fare in the best way possible. They have a huge menu and whatever I tasted further impressed me. A vast range of cuisine to chose from and they have truly maintained the indigenous tastes of every  regional delicacy as well as world cuisine.





The drinks just further elevate the experience and your senses. Quirky names with the quirky way they are served. You will be impressed by it all. 

Must try - Lambi Nashili Chai, Biryani, chicken malai kebab, honey chilly fries, Gulab jamun brûlée, mix veg coriander momos and especially the spring onion dip with it, good enough churros, I am a big fan of sizzling brownie with ice cream so won't say it was amazing but it was good enough. Bloody Mary in bell peppers, prawns chipotle, paneer betuk. These were my favourites from our set menu. 

This place in my opinion is a must visit, why don't you see the video below and decide for yourself. 
A short synopsis of the madness @ Madness.



Hope you guys made up your mind. I'm sure I will see you there this weekend. 


Thanks for inviting me Food Adda. 
&
Thanks for hosting me 
Madness Team 
Carpe Diem Team 

Until next time. 
Stay happy and cheerful. 

xoxo
Bhakti 

2 comments:

  1. Looks like an interesting place for a night out while in Pune!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a very interesting one with good ambience and lovely food, just recharge you completely, you should definitely visit it,. Let me know how you liked it.

      Delete

you might also like